Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Educating Myself



Just reading the Wikipedia entry on feminism shows me how broad the issue/discipline of feminism is. Feminism is a social movement and an area of study. I knew there were many problems women face: misogyny in media and the workplace, global oppression, patriarchy, race based...but I had never connected all the dots before.



I don't want to pick chose which elements of feminism are more important to me than others, I think all women deserve equality. Some women have a much harder, farther path than I do to get there but our lives are all tributaries of the same great river. I do want to figure ou what I most closely identify with and then examine the interconnectedness of the issues outside my personal sphere.

Much, much more to come.

No comments: